From NM VA Hospital
- ALBUQUERQUE AMATEUR RADIO CLUB STATION
- Located at the Raymond G. Murphy VA Medical Center
- 1501 San Pedro Boulevard SE VAMC-117D
- Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108
N5VA – Mission
- Provide support for the ABQ VA hospital with radio communicating facilities and related technical support for recovering patients, local veterans, and emergency management operations.
- N5VA station's primary goal is to provide Amateur radio facilities for use by any hospital patients and veterans to assist with their rehabilitation. The facility also provides an operating site for anyone who has an interest in amateur radio. Our secondary goal is to support the VA EM with emergency communications when needed.
- N5VA at the VA Hospital is governed by a Memorandum of Understanding (Download MoU PDF) and an operating agreement ( Download Agreement PDF).
N5VA Access Policy
N5VA Control Operator
HF radios and antennas.
Emergency operation resources:
N5VA Logging Software
N5VA Nets and Digital Operation
- This is a wiki being prepared to help new users understand more about the N5VA amateur radio (ham) station at the Albuquerque Veterans' Administration Hospital.
- In particular, it is aimed at new hams with a Technician Class ham license, but it also describes the general facilities that can be used by hams with more advanced licenses.
Amateur Radio Reference
- FCC Amateur Station Regulations - CFR Title 47 Part 97: Telecommunication—AMATEUR RADIO SERVICE
- National Traffic System Manual
- NTS MPG-MESSAGE FORMAT
- ARRL - American Amateur Radio Relay League ALL THINGS HAM
- NM Public Repeater Listings
- ARRL New Mexico Section website
- New Mexico Search and Rescue Council (NMSARC) Home Page
- Key Ham Repeaters for SAR Missions in New Mexico