From NM VA Hospital
- Both RMS Express and Outpost are software packages capable of sending and receiving "packet" (digital) messages via radio.
- Both require special external hardware (a Terminal Node Controller, or TNC).
- RMS Express has more capabilities.
- Both software packages have a lot of available documentation.
- Take a look and decide what for yourself what to download.
Getting RMS Express
- Go to Winlink Global Radio Email.
- Click on Download the latest production release.
- Scroll to the bottom of the single-column text, above the horizontal line and 3-column text.
- Download the file immediately below the bolded word Download:
- Currently (11 February 2016) it is rms_express_install_1-3-10-0.zip.
- Secure Login Deadline Announcement
- 18 Dec 2015 -- Last October we announced system-wide changes to enhance privacy and anti-piracy for the Winlink community. Today, we are announcing a deadline date on which the use of account passwords and secure login will become required and not optional: April 15th, 2016
- This is a (less sophisticated) alternative to RMS Express.
- It includes IPserial, a "dumb terminal" which is useful with RMS Express as well.
- Go to Outpost Packet Message Manager
- Click on, or scroll to Downloads.
- Download the latest version.
- Currently (11 February 2016), it is opsetup310041.exe
- If you have difficulties with either RMS Express or Outlook, Enhanced Channel Monitoring may be helpful in identifying the problem.
To be continued ...